By: Krishna Das, Newyork, USA
This is like the man who wants to smoke ganja, but he does not want to be caught. So he takes a friend’s hand and smokes it in his hand, and then when the authorities come, he says, “Oh, I have not smoked ganja. See, my hands are clean!” – Srila Prabhupada Letter to Giriraja Dasa, Jun 6, 1976
The internet is replete with blogs on the criminal activities and moral and philosophical deviations of Radhanath Swami. But now, in the ISKCON Bangalore case, he has shown two of his new features – his devious and timorous natures. Radhanath Swami is scared to his bone of Madhu Pandit Prabhu because of his growing stature and unshakable resolve in implementing Srila Prabhupada’s July 9th directive regarding initiations. Radhanath Swami can confidently compete with other “gurus” – Gopal Krishna Goswami, Indradyumna Swami, Jayapataka Swami et al – you name them and he has beaten them to it in the number game of disciples. However, one person he knows he can’t compete with is the real guru, Srila Prabhupada. So, when devotees led by ISKCON Bangalore are openly glorifying and serving Srila Prabhupada in bringing the disciples to the real guru, he gets frightened.
So what does Radhanath Swami do? He “smokes ganja” from the hands of Dayaram. And what does Dayaram do? He “smokes ganja” from the hands of Varada Krishna. And what does Varada Krishna do? He “smokes ganja” from the hands of “Bangalore Correspondent” on the Sun. Sickening, isn’t it?
Radhanath Swami must come out in the open and take on Madhu Pandit Prabhu himself, if at all he wants to fight – not use mouthpieces to fight his case. This chicanery and pusillanimity is not a Vaishnava attribute. Arjuna did use Shikhandi as a front, to fight the more powerful, undefeatable Bhishmadeva. But he had Krishna’s direct sanction for this. Radhanath Swami does one up on Arjuna, using two Shikhandis – Dayaram and Varada Krishna, to fight Madhu Pandit Prabhu because he is too powerful for him. But does he have Krishna’s direct sanction for this?
The reason why Radhanath Swami is running scared of Madhu Pandit Prabhu is because till now he has no answer to a few questions which have been put to him time and again. At the risk of becoming hackneyed, let us look at these questions:
1. Why did you, Radhanath Swami, glorify Kirtanananda as a pure devotee even as late as 1991, although Kirtanananda was indicted by the US Federal Government of racketeering and conspiracy to murder in 1990 itself? Here is the proof:
"Bhaktipada is a man of spirit. He is not a man of external form, and he's been training us intensely. Why do you think he changed the dress from dhotis to robes? It was for one reason-preaching in the West. But that's not all. He saw that we were attached to the concept of being a devotee based on how we look externally rather than being fixed in the spirit of devotion. Why are you sitting in chairs instead of on the floor? Why are the hymns in English instead of Sanskrit? Why is our hair an inch long rather than shaved off? On one level, it's practical for preaching in the West, but Bhaktipada had something much deeper and more profound than just that. He saw that we were ritualistically attached to our approach to God, just like practically all other so-called religious persons in this world. We thought we were devotees because of how we looked how we sang, and how we wore our hair. Bhaktipada wanted us to smash through all these external trappings and go right to the essence of the spirit of bhakti." – Radhanatha Swami, "A Perfect Plan to Increase Devotion," New Vrindaban World, no. 8 (April 26, 1991)
2. Radhanath Swami, you claim to be a “spiritual master”. What kind of spiritual master are you, that you propagated a murderer and pedophile as a pure devotee until 1993 – 3 years after the legal system of the karmis exposed Kirtanananda in 1990? A spiritual master is supposed to be all knowing and trikala jna. How come you, Radhanath Swami, the “guru”, couldn’t fathom Kirtanananda’s true diabolical nature, even though karmis had found him out long before you did? If you “did not know”, then why are you advertising yourself as a spiritual master?
3. Why did you co-ordinate and fund the murder of Sulochana Prabhu?
4. Why do you meet Tirtha Das, the convicted murderer, in prison, frequently?
5. What happened to the INR 20 million that your disciple in Mumbai donated to you a few months back? How many millions out of this have you pumped into the legal and criminal charge against ISKCON Bangalore through your “ganja smoking” friend, Dayaram?
6. Why do you use Dayaram and Varada Krishna as your Shikhandis, while you claim ignorance and innocence of the destruction of preaching in Bangalore?
7. Was it you who ordered your Shikhandi, Dayaram, to implicate Madhu Pandit Prabhu in a false rape case, for which Dayaram got soundly beaten with slippers by a mataji, when she came to know of his treacherous plan?
Radhanath Swami should come out in the open and give proper answers to all these questions. And if he wishes to fight with ISKCON Bangalore devotees, he should eschew the smear campaign of ISKCON Bangalore through his shikhandis and personally come to the table and put forth his arguments to prove that he is a guru. And when he gets defeated by the Prabhupadanugas, he should accept it and desist from his deceitful act of imitating Srila Prabhupada. All the Vaishnavas will forgive him and he can live with dignity. No one wants to see Radhanath Swami go down the same lane as Jayatirtha, Kirtanananda, Tamal Krishna, Harikesha and the forty odd hapless “guru” fall always. Radhanath Swami should be forewarned that he is no different from his predecessors – he too can succumb to maya and either run away with one of his young, attractive, female disciples or he can helplessly get addicted to drugs or the past may catch up with him and he can get incarcerated for murder. Before any of this happens, it is in Radhanath Swami’s own interest to own up, repent and reform.
Up till now, Radhanath Swami has claimed that his health does not permit him to answer the questions above. May we know what is the health problem he is beset with? Does he have HIV? Or cancer? What is his serious health problem which prevents him from answering a few simple, straight forward questions?
We know the outcome from Radhanath Swami to these questions – Silence! After all, he is the King of Chicanery and Grandfather of pusillanimity!
Some interesting links for the new reader: