Wonderful composition of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura describing the power of Holy Name.
kṛṣṇa-nāma dhare koto bal
viṣaya-vāsanānale, mora citta sadā jwale,
karna-randhra-patha diyā, hṛdi mājhe praveśiyā,
variṣoya sudhā anupam
hṛdoya hoite bole, jihvāra agrete cale,
śabda-rūpe nāce anukṣan
kanṭhe mora bhańge swara, ańga kāńpe thara thara,
sthira hoite nā pāre caraṇ
cakṣe dhārā, dehe gharma, pulakita saba carma,
vivarna hoilo kalevara
mūrchita hoilo man, pralayera āgaman,
bhāve sarva-deha jara jara
kori’ eto upadrava, citte varṣe sudhā-drava,
more ḍāre premera sāgare
kichu nā bujhite dilo, more to’ bātula koilo,
mora citta-vitta saba hare
loinu āśroya jā’r, heno vyavahāra tā’r,
varnite nā pāri e sakal
kṛṣṇa-nāma icchā-moy, jāhe jāhe sukhī hoy,
sei mora sukhera sambal
premera kalikā nām, adbhuta rasera dhām,
heno bala karaye prakāś
īṣat vikaśi’ punaḥ, dekhāy nija-rūpa-guna,
citta hari’ loya kṛṣṇa-pāś
pūrna vikaśita hoiyā, braje more jāya loiyā,
dekhāy more swarūpa-vilās
more siddha-deha diyā, kṛṣṇa-pāśe rākhe giyā,
e dehera kore sarva-nāś
kṛṣṇa-nāma-cintāmaṇi, akhila rasera khani,
nāmera bālāi jata, saba lo’ye hoi hata,
tabe mora sukhera udoy
1) How much power does the name of Krishna possess? My heart constantly burns in the fire of worldly desires, like a desert scorched by the sun. The holy name, entering within my heart through the holes of my ears, showers unparalleled nectar upon my soul.
2) The holy name speaks from within my heart, moves on the tip of my tongue, and constantly dances on it in the form of transcendental sound.
My throat becomes choked up, my body violently trembles, and my feet move uncontrollably.
3) Rivers of tears flow from my eyes. Perspiration pours from my body. My body thrills with rapture, causing my hair to stand on end and my skin to turn pale and discolored. My mind grows faint, and I begin to experience devastation. My entire body is shattered in a flood of ecstasies.
4) While causing such an ecstatic disturbance, the holy name showers liquid nectar on my heart and drowns me in the ocean of divine love of Godhead. He does not allow me to understand anything; For He has made me truly mad and has stolen away my heart and all my wealth.
5) Such is the behavior of Him who is now my only shelter. I am not capable of describing all this. The holy name of Krishna is independent and thus acts at His own sweet will. In whatever way He becomes happy, that is also my way of happiness.
6) The holy name is the bud of the flower of divine love, the abode of devotion’s wonderful mellows. Such is the power that He manifests, that although He displays His power only slightly, He reveals His own divine form and qualities, steals my heart and takes it to Krishna.
7) Being fully manifest, the holy name of takes me to Vraja and reveals to me His own love dalliance. He gives to me my own divine, eternal body, keeps me near Krishna and completely destroys this mortal frame of mine.
8) The name of Krishna is touchstone, a mine of all devotional mellows, eternally liberated, and the embodiment of pure rasa. When all impediments to the pure chanting of the holy name are taken away and destroyed, then my happiness will know its true awakening.