Mysuru: As part of its Gita Jayanti festivities, ISKCON Mysuru, is conducting a quiz contest based on the teachings of Bhagavad Gita. Write the answers on a separate sheet of paper and handover at temple book counter or send it by post before Dec.16 to ISKCON, No.213, 18th Cross, Jayanagar, Mysuru – 570014. Results will be announced on Dec. 20.
Part A – Choose the correct answer:
1) Who among the following is considered as most perfect worshipper by Lord Krishna?
a) Worshipping Personal Form
b) Worshipping Impersonal Form
c) Both a & b
d) None of these
2) According to Lord Krishna, what elements comprise austerity of the body?
a) Worship of Supreme Lord
b) Worship of Father and Mother
d) All of these
3) As per Bhagavad Gita, how many kinds of created beings are found in this world?
4) How does Lord Krishna describe the different degrees of lust covering the pure living entity?
a) As a fire covered by smoke
b) As a mirror covered by dust
c) As an embryo covered by the womb
d) All of these
5) Which method does Lord Krishna recommend to curb the restless mind?
a) Constant practice & by detachment
d) None of these.
Part B – Fill in the correct answers
6) One who performs his duty _______, surrendering the results unto the _______, is not affected by sinful action, as the _______ is untouched by water.
7) The indestructible, transcendental living entity is called _______ and his eternal nature is called the_______.
8) Of all that is _______ and all that is ________ in this world, know for certain that Lord Krisha is both its ______ and dissolution.
9) If you become conscious of Krishna, you will pass over all the _______ of conditional life by Krishna’s _______.
If however, you do not work in such consciousness, but act through _______, not hearing to Krishna, you will be lost.
10) Those who take shelter of Krishna, though they be of lower birth _______, _______ as well as ________, can approach the supreme destination.
11) Complete the following statement in not more than twenty words:
As per Bhagavad Gita, this material nature comprises how many elements altogether? Also mention, to which nature of Lord Krishna do the living entities belongs to? Identify the verses and explain.
Source: STAR OF MYSORE dated December 8, 2017