The Bhojanamrita program, an initiative of the Hare Krishna Movement, Hyderabad is aimed at providing free meals to underprivileged attendants of inpatients at government hospitals. A five course meal comprising of rice, vegetable dal, sabji, buttermilk and pickle is provided. Presently free meals are provided to 3,500 in-patient attendants at 15 Government & Trust-run hospitals on a daily basis.
Under the Saddimoota program, tasty & nutritious full meals are being served to 13,500 poor people every day at 49 locations in Hyderabad city @ Rs.5/- only. The target is to expand to 108 locations and reach out to more than 50,000 poor people every day.
Cooks sambar for 6000 persons in just two hours
The following are some of the features of the Hi-tech kitchen:
- The most technologically advanced kitchen of Telangana
- Can cook meals for 50,000 people in just a span of 5 hours
- Uses the latest technological know-how in mass-cooking
- Low level of human intervention & highest levels of hygiene in cooking
- Custom-built food distribution vehicles.
- Overall optimization of production processes with enhanced food safety & quality
- Will serve the beneficiaries of Bhojanamrita and Saddimoota programs
Cooks rice for 1000 persons in just 15 minutes
Saddimoota: Subsidized meal program at Rs 5/- per meal in partnership with GHMC at market yards for the benefit of farmers & laborers (hamalis). At present it caters to the Market Yards at Siddipet, Gajwel, Bowenpally, and Vantimamidi.